The Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund joined other groups from different parts of Nigeria to march against issues that affect Nigerian women on May 10th, 2018 in Abuja. The “Women for Women” March which was made up of both men and women was organized to raise awareness on the rights of women and demand for an immediate action from the government on all issues affecting women.
Women and men from across the 36 states and the FCT marched together in solidarity from the Eagles Square, Abuja to the National Assembly where a Charter of Demand was read and presented..
Some of the demands highlighted are as follows:
1. End all forms of discrimination against girls and women
2. Eliminate all forms of violence against women and girls
3. End illiteracy among girls and women at all levels
4. Attain Effective, Affordable and Accessible Health Services for Women and Girls at all levels
5. Remove All Barriers to economic resources and power to Women and Girls
6. Address and overcome Political Under-representation and exclusion of Women and Girls
7. Demonstrate commitment to environmental sustainability
8. Confront all social issues impeding and affecting the advancement of Women and Girls including poverty and hunger
9. Promote peace, facilitate effective security and ensure safety for all
10. Make ICT affordable, accessible and available to Women and Girls no matter their station in life.