Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
Key Result: An institution with strong, strategic, and steady financial and administrative growth.
Job Type: One year with possibility of renewal.
Purpose: Fundraising, administration, financial reporting, investment, due diligence, organisational growth and development, human relations.
Location: Work in Abuja, and travel to other parts of Nigeria.
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer of NWTF;
- Oversee the administrative and financial aspects of the NWTF transactions in line with NWTF’s policy;
- Be a primary source of administrative and financial advice to the NWTF’s CEO and other employees;
- Prepare and/or review for the CEO’s approval administrative and financial forms, content and sufficiency, all documents of administrative and financial nature to which the NWTF may be a party or which otherwise affect its financial and administrative rights or obligations.
- Propose, execute and maintain a financial investment plan for the consideration of the CEO;
- Financial forecasting during project implementation phases;
- Process payments, file and archive all relevant documents (vouchers, invoices);
- Develop budget status reports, monthly and quarterly financial progress report Maintain inventory of records of project deliverables, documents, files, equipment and materials;
- Keep abreast of administrative, financial and regulatory issues that affect private Trust Funds generally and that affect the Trust Fund’s programmes and units specifically to anticipate administrative and financial issues that may arise;
- Prepare budgets to proposals and financial report of grants to donors, and ensure financial reporting of grantees and projects implemented by NWTF;
- Advise NWTF on prospective sources of funds and prepare appropriate budget in a timely manner.
- Build effective financial systems to aid internal control procedures and compliance with NWTF’s contractual requirements and obligations;
- Build effective administrative policies and systems to aid internal process and ensure effective management of the office and all administrative matters.
- Carry out a weekly update of the organisation’s official database by uploading to same all projects, documents, processes etc. worked on in the course of employment.
- Deliver on responsibilities in accordance with the Strategic Plans of the NWTF’s and the agreed performance objectives
- Review and verify financial transactions, activities, and documentation;
- Supervise Finance and Administrative Assistants;
- Carry out any other duty that may be assigned by the CEO
Educational Requirement: University Degree or HND in Accounting and Finance
Experience: At least 5 years of experience as an accountant or financial officer or finance and administrative officer, ideally with an NGO or development project.
Condition of Service: Competitive and Negotiable
How to Apply: Send your most recent CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on Friday 21 August 2020.