The Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund (NWTF) works to create spaces for women, specifically in public office and other leadership platforms. The Fund achieves this through advocacy, research and capacity development programmes for women and girls.
The Young Women Mentorship program provides young women, ages 18 – 25, with one-on-one matches with high profile women in government, non-governmental organizations andthe private sector as mentors. Theskill-focused mentorship will last for 6-months and aims at fostering self-respect, confidence, leadership and organizing skills, public speaking,as well as creativity and critical thinking. The Mentees will also have the opportunity to benefit from NWTF’s leadership training workshops and exchange programs. The goal of the YWMP is to prepare the next generation of women leaders.
- Impeccable leadership and communication training
- High profile professional relationship and networking
- Internship and exchange program opportunities (local and international)
- Participation in other NWTF and Voices4Change programmes
- Must be a young woman between the ages of ages 18 – 25years
- Must hold a Diploma/B.Sc./BA in any course or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Availability to meet with mentor at least twice a month (every two weeks)
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Fluency in English and good communication skills
- Must be resident in the FCT
- Strong interpersonal relationship
- Good reporting and feedback skills
- Must be of good character.
Deadline for application is February 15th, 2015.
Click the link below to apply: