JOB TITLE: Programme Manager
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
KEY RESULT: Contribute to closing the gender gaps in Nigeria’s governance process under the institutional mandate of the Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF).
The Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF) was established in 2011 through an unusual government and civil society collaboration to mobilize and institutionalize technical and financial resources to support women towards closing the gender gap in governance. These resources are to support female leadership and participation, address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and appointive positions and drive strategies to increase the representation of women in governance at all levels towards a gender inclusive democratic process.
The goal of the Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF) is to institutionalize access to resources for women towards a balanced representation in leadership and governance in Nigeria. We operationalize this goal under five (5) thematic areas which are Fundraising and Granting; Democracy, Leadership and Governance; Research & Communications; Gender Advocacy and Institutional Effectiveness and Efficiency.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Programme Manager is responsible for Fundraising, Programme Management, Strategy Development Documentation, Networking and Alliances Building, Monitoring and Evaluation methodologies that align with the mission, vision and goal of NWTF.
1. Report to the Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Women Trust Fund (NWTF
2. Apply proven experience in governance and women’s leadership, program development, implementation and demonstrated experience in grant-making or related activities to prepare funding proposals and periodically prepare work plans.
3. Strategy Development:
- Conduct regular analysis of political issues on inclusive and participatory democracy in line with the NWTF’s thematic priorities;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the NWTF’s strategy;
- Contribute to the development of thematic work output particularly on resource mobilization to support women’s active participation in governance, gender advocacy and leadership development.
4. Programme Development:
- Apply proven experience in governance, women’s leadership and political participation to manage program development, implementation and grant-making or related activities to prepare funding and project proposals, and periodically prepare work plans;
- Conduct broad outreach about the NWTF’s priorities, meet with potential grantee organizations and target groups, review letters of inquiry and proposals, and prepare background materials for the CEO;
- Facilitation of dialogue, meetings, workshops and seminars with government representatives, civil society and international development partners;
- Pursue alliances, network and collaboration with organizations with similar or complimentary thematic focus;
- Identify opportunities and aid in developing relationships for promoting women’s leadership political participation;
- Maintain ongoing contact with grant recipients and project beneficiaries including fostering, circulating information and encouraging collaborative activities with funders, partners and beneficiaries;
- Maintain accurate records and monitor the performance and impact of all programme/project implementation to capture the lessons learned;
- Facilitate workshops and trainings, and serve as resource person when exigent;
- Produce timely and accurate reports of events and programmes implemented;
- Coordinate preparation and production of organizational annual reports;
- Coordinate database, projects, activities, documents, processes, collation of statistics on women’s leadership and political participation, etc.;
- Supervise and coordinate the programme team;
- Carry out any other duty that may be assigned by the CEO.
5. Learning & Knowledge Management:
- Document and share best practices (including that of partners) and lessons internally and externally;
- Support partners and field staff to generate and disseminate relevant case studies from operational areas especially with a view to depict positives and lessons from our work;
- Ensure that equity and inclusion is embedded in NWTF’s policy and advocacy work on governance and women’s leadership.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCES AND EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- At least a Masters’ degree/certification in Law, Political Science, Communications, Public Administrations, Economics, Gender and Development Studies is required.
- A good understanding of local and international laws, conventions and treaties in relation to gender, policy formulation and implementation cycle.
DESIRED PRINCIPLES AND VALUES
Must be a female with a minimum of 10 years knowledge and working experience of gender mainstreaming, political party’s administration, promoting gender equality in electoral, governance and leadership processes. A broad familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of Development Partners and Civil Society Organizations is likewise highly desired.
The programme manager must possess a certain degree of creativity, innovation and latitude including a good understanding and knowledge of the Nigerian democratic space and political environment, and its interplay with civil society.
Desired core skills should include critical thinking, problem solving, organization structuring, paying attention to details, applying leadership dexterities, clear spoken and written communication, active listening, and performing a variety of tasks under little or no supervision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND REMUNERATION
Traditional office hours of 8am – 5pm weekdays with some travel in and outside Abuja. Remuneration is negotiable and competitive within the sector.
To apply please send full CV along with a cover letter outlining relevant experience to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly use title of the position in the subject line.
Deadline for applications is Friday, 6th March 2020.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview